Got an interesting club event coming up? Pitch it to the UCSA and you could be invited to do an Instagram stories takeover on @UCSA_nz! It’s a great way to promote your club and your event to our growing audience – over 5,000 Insta followers as of May ’21 (they’re also published on our Facebook stories).
Any club can pitch. Past takeovers include QCanterbury’s Open Mic Night, the ENSOC BBQ, UCGS’s Games Night, and a behind-the-scenes look at Dramasoc’s play Love and Information.
How to make a pitch
Email our Communications Coordinator with the following info:
- Club name:
- Event name:
- Event date:
- Event description – what makes it interesting?:
- Does your event have a sponsor? If so, who?
- Is there anything else we should know? E.g. is there something you really want to show off in your story/an angle?
- Which club member would do the takeover? Have they used Instagram stories before?
- Please submit pitches no less than 5 days out from your event.
- You’ll get a lot of creative freedom to show off your event, but stories can’t include binge drinking, anything illegal, swearing, dangerous behaviour, or children. While you’re welcome to promote ticket sales or acknowledge event sponsors, we recommend that you don’t give audiences the ‘hard sell’ – it can turn viewers off!